SARIMA in partnership with the WITS Digital Campus will be presenting a series of 6 online-courses focusing on the Professional Development in Research Management. Scholarly evidence from case studies and performance indicators shows that Research Managers and skilled administrators are key enablers of excellent research. As the impact of effective and efficient research management (RM) grows, so does the need for its professionalisation. These courses recognise this and seek to give research managers and those looking to make RM a profession within a various range of settings, key insights and skills into what it takes to manage research to deliver maximum returns.
Through this six-course collection you will not only learn about the fundamentals of research management – why research management is important in the knowledge economy and how best to structure and manage research projects effectively in line with best practice standards, but also get to explore the standards that make the research management profession a fast-growing area of specialisation. These courses will help you build your skills and enhance your credibility as a research management professional in your organisation and the industry as a whole.
See below the list of courses to be offered.
- Course 1: Fundamentals of Research Management – first roll out date to be announced soon
- Course 2: Research Grants and Contracts Management – first roll out date to be announced soon
- Course 3: Programme Evaluation – first roll out date to be announced soon
- Course 4: Introduction to Intellectual Property, Technology Transfer, and Commercialisation – first roll out date to be announced soon
- Course 5: Gender in Science, Technology and Innovation – first roll out date to be announced soon
- Course 6: Research Ethics and Integrity – first roll out date to be announced soon
For more information feel free to contact the Wits Digital Campus on +2787 023 0888 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact SARIMA on +27 12 841 2057 or email@example.com